It’s not every day you get to stand face to face against world champion UFC® athletes. However using RFID (radio frequency identification), live-event activities and social media driven technology, XOLUTION was able to excite and reward UFC fans in Ottawa.
To bring locals closer to the action, UFC set up a Fan Village outside The Arena at TD Place with RFID at the core.
Guests tapped, posed and tested their fitness in the blazing Ottawa heat on a June weekend.
This sport is all about raw power, high-speed and supercharged levels of excitement. So they wanted a solution to match that intensity.
Market leaders, Bond Brand Loyalty came to XOLUTION for help. We offered them a turnkey RFID platform to help capture the fan’s buzzing enthusiasm before the event.
Guests were able to take part in various on-site activities including:
- Everyone was registered with black branded wristbands and could engage with interactive tap-stands at the various activity centres
- During registration, guests provided some personal details and chose their favourite UFC athlete. They then posed in front of a green screen photo booth and stood head-to-head against their chosen fighter, creating their own Tale of the Tape poster
- They could instantly email, share on social media and print their poster at the event
- Fans tested their power, speed and endurance in different Reebok Combat Fitness challenges – saving all their stats with a simple tap.
These scores were recorded and added to their poster
- To fuel extra competition amongst participants, the top scores were displayed on an interactive leader board along with a live social media wall
- Other activities included UFC fighter meet and greets, live mixed martial arts (MMA) training demonstrations and tips, a Reebok shop, live DJ and complimentary Monster Energy drink giveaways
Mike, a die-hard UFC Fan, told us:
“It just shows the growth of the UFC, how much they care about their fans and how technologically advanced they are”
Bond’s account director of business development sponsorship and experiential said:
“With XOLUTION as our partner, we integrated RFID technology into our Ottawa UFC Fan Village to connect and enhance the fan experience. Our cohesive ‘tap-in’ stations helped to motivate in-person and social engagement and drive authentic brand connections while delivering extensive attendee and activation data”
Head of Business Development at XOLUTION, Conor Davies-Taylor explains:
“It’s all about bringing the fans closer to the experience and making them feel like they have a participatory role in the UFC event. RFID is a powerful way to personalise the user-journey and give fans a truly memorable experience.
“Entertaining and exciting event activities combined with social media amplification allows the UFC to reach much wider audiences and stake their claim that they are a sport who is leveraging new and immersive technologies to reward fans”.
Watch the video below to learn more about the interactive RFID fan experience
XOLUTION.co is a leading technology solutions provider which partners with top experiential marketing companies. We use immersive and powerful turnkey technology to put the customer at the centre of the experience. Our platform successfully engages customers, amplifies brand awareness both on/offline and tracks every event interaction, giving you the wealth of data you need to optimize your marketing campaigns and deliver measurable ROI. If you’re looking to supercharge your experiential campaigns and learn more about your target audience, talk to us today email@example.com