Georgia will focus on incoming enquiries and selling business events as the Barbican continues its growth both domestically and internationally. A month into her new role she has settled into the Barbican team as they continue to hold a strong position in the industry.
Georgia’s experience includes her previous role as Event Sales Coordinator with premier event themed supplier Event Prop Hire. Before moving into her career she completed an Events Management degree at Leeds Metropolitan University which she passed with first class honours.
“It’s a learning curve working within an arts centre environment combined with amazing event space and I have enjoyed every minute of my time with the Barbican so far,” commented Georgia. “The Barbican is a prestigious venue so it’s an amazing step forward in my career. The team here have been good to work with and I’m looking forward to helping them achieve continued success as an events venue.”
Oliver Hargreaves, Barbican’s Deputy Head of Sales, said: “The appointment of Georgia shows the Barbican is continuing to invest in its staff in order to maintain our prominent positioning in the business events market.
“Her enthusiasm and experience will be key to the Barbican’s success moving forward and she joins an already dedicated and focussed team.”
Latest posts by Adam Parry (see all)
- Glastonbury staying put - June 24, 2016
- How to streamline the attendee experience using event apps - June 24, 2016
- The Serious Business of Gamification at Events - June 24, 2016
- How iconic sporting venues adapt to the objectives of modern organisers – Talking Events - June 24, 2016
- How to unlock the potential in your floor plan and empower your team - June 24, 2016