Henley Festival will have a comedy club for the first time this summer, along with a Big Top for emerging artists, its own Ronnie Scott’s, in a Spiegeltent, and “the strongest line-up yet” on the Floating Stage, according to Artistic Director for the last 25-years, Stewart Collins.
“Henley Festival will be something magnificent in July, an extensive array of events,” Collins said. “Our biggest comedy line-up will feature Al Murray, Reginald D Hunter, Nina Conti, the Boy with Tape on His Face and many others.”
Speaking at the launch party, upstairs at Ronnie Scott’s, Collins also highlighted a new charitable arrangement with the Children’s Society and a food partnership with rhubarb. The catering specialist will manage the menus for the Riverside Restaurant, Ronnie Scott’s, and The Terrace.
“We are delighted to partner with Henley Festival,” Glen Sutton, Director of Events for rhubarb, said. “This is an exciting addition to our events portfolio and our culinary team is preparing a range of beautiful and delicious menus to further enhance what is set to be a fantastic five days of music and celebrations.”
With Elton John already announced, and sold out, Dame Shirley Bassey, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Bryn Terfel & The WNO Orchestra and Will Young are the other headliners on the famous Floating Stage. Bassey will team up with Brit Award-winning vocal group Blake, who performed at the launch.
The Festival Buyers Guide will include details about the Henley production effort, through interviews with Collins and Festival Director Charlotte Geeves.
Latest posts by Adam Parry (see all)
- Merchant Taylors to exhibit at The London Summer Event Show - January 20, 2017
- Every day is an event at the O2 and All Bar One is at the height of the excitement! - January 20, 2017
- Grass Roots Meetings & Events US tops off most successful year - January 20, 2017
- GES eyes further growth in Middle East, appoints Patrick Lukan as COO - January 20, 2017
- Ideal Home Editor joins Ideal Home Show - January 19, 2017