The team at MGN Events were tasked with pulling together a surprise 21st birthday party for Samantha Ebdon from Bedfordshire who featured on the show with her family. They had less than a month to plan the event, find a venue, lay on entertainment, sort out decor and lighting and put together production.
Mike Walker, Managing Director of MGN events said:
“This was a really exciting project to be part of and we have been sworn to secrecy until now which has been very difficult for us! We were working with the production team at Sky 1 alongside Ashley Banjo from dance group Diversity who won Britain’s Got Talent a few years ago. The final party went really well despite the time constraints and Diversity performed that night with a few extra members of Samantha’s family thrown in as extras!
“The whole team here at MGN Events were working long hours over a very intensive period to ensure that the party went smoothly and that it all came together on the night. Despite some tricky situations along the way made it and I am very proud of the final result. I wouldn’t recommend planning a party on this scale at such short notice but it was a great experience to be part of.”
Latest posts by Adam Parry (see all)
- New board appointments at the AEV - June 29, 2016
- 3 Event Production Trends Taking Hold in 2016 - June 29, 2016
- Chalke Valley History Festival chooses Topher for traffic management and security - June 28, 2016
- Wasserman delivers Nespresso Roof Top Film Club partnership and activation - June 28, 2016
- HAE EHA’s managing director calls for clarity following Brexit - June 27, 2016