Gordon Arthur, Chief Communication Officer for Glasgow 2014 Ltd, will host a session at next weeks National Outdoor Events Association conference to present how they have so far tackled the task of hosting the Commonwealth Games.
The 20th games take place between 23 July–3 August 2014 and will see Glasgow buzzing with athletes and spectators. Glasgow City Council will provide 20% of the public funding required to stage the Games, with this funding ensuring the delivery of major infrastructure projects, including transport.
With less than one year to go until the Opening Ceremony, Gordon will provide a countdown to the Games, highlighting key achievements and looking at the preparations that are taking place in order to successfully stage Scotland’s biggest-ever celebration of sport and culture.
You can find out more by visiting www.noea.org.uk
Latest posts by JamesDickson (see all)
- The story of the $10 million Event Tech Chip - November 25, 2015
- Bizzabo Wins Best Event Management Software & The People’s Choice – Favorite Company Award - November 17, 2015
- EIN Talks to Sarah Cox from Mayridge at ESSA G50: Video Report - November 24, 2014
- EIN Talks to N200 at ESSA G50 Conference: Video Report - November 24, 2014
- Nick De Bois MP Addresses ESSA G50 Conference: Full Session Video - November 21, 2014