Rat Race Adventure Sports and Gorilla have renewed their partnership to deliver the world’s largest assault course again, on May 11 2013 at the Burghley Estate in Lincolnshire. Dubbed ‘The Rat Race Dirty Weekend’, competitors will race through 200 obstacles over 20 miles around the historic Burghley Estate and Elizabethan mansion, near Stamford. The competition features, in addition to the race itself, a festival camp site, a live music stage and a beer tent for the post-event party.
Gorilla is designing each of the 200 obstacles, ranging from a military style assault course to show jumping fences and a treetop walk, and will be installing them all over the Burghley Estate. Each obstacle has been designed to safely withstand the passage of 8000 competitors.
Rat Race Adventure Sports is the UK’s largest provider of Adventure Sports events, including the acclaimed Men’s Health Survival of the Fittest Series, Runners World Trailblazers and many more. Dirty Weekend is being designed as a pinnacle and aspirational event for all those who love a bit of mud, sweat and beers.
Andy Gregorek, MD of Gorilla commented: “We’re extremely happy to be working with Rat Race Events once more and delivering a challenging, exciting and safe event.”
Latest posts by Adam Parry (see all)
- Birmingham voted favourite UK regional city for business tourism events - November 30, 2015
- Key to helping delegates retain information revealed - November 30, 2015
- Securing the Cabinet: Managing security at Conservative Party Conference - November 30, 2015
- UK Festival Report launched to go to Paris UN Climate Change Summit - November 30, 2015
- WRG hires Healthcare Communications Director as part of growth strategy in the healthcare sector - November 27, 2015