Rat Race Adventure Sports and Gorilla have renewed their partnership to deliver the world’s largest assault course again, on May 11 2013 at the Burghley Estate in Lincolnshire. Dubbed ‘The Rat Race Dirty Weekend’, competitors will race through 200 obstacles over 20 miles around the historic Burghley Estate and Elizabethan mansion, near Stamford. The competition features, in addition to the race itself, a festival camp site, a live music stage and a beer tent for the post-event party.
Gorilla is designing each of the 200 obstacles, ranging from a military style assault course to show jumping fences and a treetop walk, and will be installing them all over the Burghley Estate. Each obstacle has been designed to safely withstand the passage of 8000 competitors.
Rat Race Adventure Sports is the UK’s largest provider of Adventure Sports events, including the acclaimed Men’s Health Survival of the Fittest Series, Runners World Trailblazers and many more. Dirty Weekend is being designed as a pinnacle and aspirational event for all those who love a bit of mud, sweat and beers.
Andy Gregorek, MD of Gorilla commented: “We’re extremely happy to be working with Rat Race Events once more and delivering a challenging, exciting and safe event.”
Latest posts by Adam Parry (see all)
- Glastonbury staying put - June 24, 2016
- How to streamline the attendee experience using event apps - June 24, 2016
- The Serious Business of Gamification at Events - June 24, 2016
- How iconic sporting venues adapt to the objectives of modern organisers – Talking Events - June 24, 2016
- How to unlock the potential in your floor plan and empower your team - June 24, 2016